Tuesday, March 27, 2012

As I wrote yesterday I was planning to try Tuba's recipe for poppy seed and lemon muffins. I made them yesterday while Miika and Pepper was sleeping in front of the TV. I have never baked muffins before so I wasn't sure what to expect. They turned out delicious or as I say yummylicious :) Miika loved them as well. Too bad Pepper can't have any.
I almost completely followed her recipe but instead of adding ½ cup of butter I added only 2 tbl spoons. I guess it's less than a half cup. For my measurements I am using a 30p plastic measuring cup from Tesco. Also instead of 6 lemons I used 5. Be careful while grating the lemon zest, and don't end up with scratched fingers like me.
It should have been a cup of tea not a glass of  read wine in the backgroud :)

close up photo of muffins
It took me a while to figure out that powder sugar (pudra şekeri in Turkish, сахарная пудра in Russian) is called icing sugar here. I bought it but at the end decided not to make icing for my muffins because of extra calories. I'll put icing when I have guests, because I think it looks nicer with it.
For yesterday's dinner I made spaghetti bolognese. I don't know if it's the minced meat that we bought from Tesco or generally meat in England tastes weird I'd even say a bit rubbery. Miika loved my spaghetti though and said meat tastes the same as usual. Also we bought frozen garlic bread from Sainsbury's. I tried to slice it but it turns out it was already sliced. What can I do that in this western world everything is ready made. 

1 comment:

  1. Try meat from butchers, it makes hell lot of a difference. Z

    ReplyDelete