Monday, March 26, 2012

Me, Pepper and ladybirds

Although yesterday was just one week since I am in England it feels much longer actually. During this one week I went to London twice with Miika, went to Waterloo station on my own with Miika's directions, bought Oyster card, went to Croydon a few times on my own, found a Turkish shop (now I know where to find köftelik bulgur and turkish olives that Miika likes so much), went to Altrincham to meet Miika's parents and brothers, went to countryside Edale and had a nice day in Manchester. It feels kind of weird to have this super busy life after 6 months of almost doing nothing. So many new things, so many impressions at the same time ...Supermarkets here are huge and there is a big selection of everything, I don't know which one to choose so that it is relatively cheaper and better. I made oat meal cookies and they turned out very nice, a bit different  from what I used to make in Baku. I think probably it is the baking powder or maybe the gas oven. Today I'll try to make poppy seed lemon muffins from Tuba's blog. http://surrealchef.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/recipe-test-with-behice-unal-lemon.html Thanks to Miika's mum now I have a mixer and muffin pans from Tesco :)) Tuba's recipes look very yummy, I'll try to share my experience next time I write my blog. By the way few minutes ago I registered on Spotify. It looks cool I just don't like that it posts every song that I listen to on my facebook timeline.
I forgot to mention the most important thing..now we have Pepper with us  :) She's peacefully sitting on my lap right now. I guess she liked me from the first day, because the first night she slept on my chest and between me and Miika. She is the cutest dog I have ever seen and I am really happy to have her. The only thing that scares me is her toilet arrangements. I hope we don't have little accidents. When we woke up today I gave her little treat, combed her and now we are happily waiting for Miika to come home to take us out. I just love when she sits on my lap like a cat.
By the way our flat is full of ladybugs...ok... I should have said ladybirds :) british version is actually cuter, instead of calling them bugs they call them birds :) they mostly gather around the lamp or just everywhere in our flat.
Today Fidan's husband is going to an interview at the immigration office in Berlin. Hopefully it'll all go well and she'll be with him soon. Ok enough for today I'll go to make lunch now...

No comments:

Post a Comment